Coronavirus update Tues 17th March
Following the latest government guidance on social distancing, gatherings and non-essential travel and social contact, we have reviewed our plans for continued school life at Tunbury.
As a result, the following events are cancelled:
- Class trips, including swimming and the Year 3 trip to Kent Life on Friday
- Assemblies, including Ruby and Azure class assemblies
- This Thursday’s Parent Forum meeting
- TSA Mothers’ Day sale and Easter Hunt events
- All in-school music tuition, including violin, guitar, singing and i-Rock lessons
- After-school sales at the Travelling Book Fair
- Non-essential visitors into school, including parent helpers and work experience students
At present, after-school clubs will continue to operate.
For the Year 3 trip to Kent Life on Friday, any payments already made will be refunded via School Money.
Where parent meetings have been booked, for example with our SENCo, we plan to hold these meetings by telephone rather than in person.
If your child would like to buy a book from the Travelling Book Fair, please send in money in an envelope tomorrow to enable them to visit the Book Fair during the school day. Please note: we will not be able to give change, so please send in the correct money. The Book Fair will be open once during school time tomorrow only.
As outlined in yesterday’s update, children will bring home a green (FS/KS1) or orange (KS2) blank Home Learning book today, together with their log-ins for Mathletics and Purple Mash.
Finally, please be aware that the latest government guidelines will have an immediate effect on the number of Tunbury staff who are able to attend work. While we are remaining open, staffing shortages will undoubtedly have an impact on children’s daily experiences in school. Our priority is to keep everyone safe and we will continue to communicate regularly with you as the situation develops.
Thank you for your continued support.
Ruth Austin, Headteacher