The Pupil Premium grant is additional to main school funding and it will be used by our school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others by ensuring that funding reaches the pupils who need it most. These inequalities may be wide-ranging and we aim to ensure all children have equal access and opportunities in education and the wider curriculum whilst with us at Tunbury Primary School.
Pupil Premium encompasses children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and those that have been for the last 6 years (Ever 6 FSM); services children and looked after children.
As a school, we are required to publish the allocation of money we get for Pupil Premium and how we aim to spend it. You can find this information in the downloads below.
At Tunbury, we aim to do more for our Pupil Premium children beyond academic support. Strategies we use and find to be successful for our children include:
· A full-time Learning Mentor to support a caseload of children that predominantly include Pupil Premium children with their learning, self-regulation and ambitions.
· One to one support with a teacher in order to review, edit and improve their writing.
· Support with reading including purchasing books to read for pleasure.
· Challenger Troop leading their Tiger Troop 6 week course to build core values and physical fitness.
· For children eligible for FSM, we fully fund day trips and fund the majority of the payment for residential trips.
· Vouchers to purchase uniform.
To check of you are eligible for FSM status, please click here:
“Sometimes we do things we haven’t done before and it can be a scary thing but Mrs Kidd helps you by listening to your worry and then encouraging you to have a go. It’s always fun.” Y4 pupil
“I have placed my Top Trooper trophy beside my bed and every morning I look at it and know that I can do anything.” Y5 pupil.