Applying for a Reception school place
Kent County Council co-ordinates the admission arrangements for a Reception school place.
Please visit the website: kent.gov.uk/primaryadmissions if you live in the Kent local authority.
The Admissions and Transport Office is based at:
Sessions House, County Hall,
Kent ME14 1XQ
Contact details for Primary Admissions Team at Kent County Council
Tel No. | 03000 412121
Email | email@example.com
For out of county residents i.e. for parents who live in the Medway local authority please visit Medway County Council website: medway.gov.uk/admissions
The over-subscription criteria for all Community and Voluntary Controlled primary schools are:
- Children in Local Authority Care
- Current Family Association (sibling)
- Health and Special Access Reasons
- Nearness of children’s homes to school.
Schools will not take into account:
- How long your child’s name has been registered at a school
- If your child attends a nursery class on the school site or if the nursery is affiliated with the school (unless this is a published aspect of a schools admission arrangements).
- If your child attends a playgroup or preschool nearby or on the school site
- Any previous association you or your extended family may have had with the school either by attending it or by participating with any of the schools activities
- How long you may or may not have lived in the area.
In Year Casual Admissions (IYCA)
Please contact the school direct for an In Year Common Application Form (IYCAF). On one side parents will fill in their details. The back of the form will explain the process and inform parents of all their legal rights. The form should be returned direct to school and school will contact parents to either offer or refuse a school place.
Admission for Children with Statements of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
The admissions arrangements for children with Statements of Special Educational Needs are the responsibility of KCC.
For advice on the arrangements to admit your child into school, you should contact your local SEN Officer through your local Additional Needs and resources offices which are listed below:
Districts of Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Malling
West Kent SEN Team,
30 Kings Hill Avenue,
Kent ME19 4AE
Telephone | 03000 420997
Email | SENWest@kent.gov.uk